Family Law Attorneys in The Woodlands, Texas
Creative solutions to complex family problems
At the Kemp Law Firm, our family law attorneys provide you with the information, the knowledge and the representation you need to make the best possible decisions for your family and your future. We give your case the personal attention and individualized focus it deserves. We handle a variety of aspects related to family law and matrimonial law, including—
An adoption can be the happiest moment of a family's life. A child gets to feel a sense of belonging that might otherwise be absent from their scope of experience. Our attorneys are happy to secure loving homes for children and provide legal services associated with the various types of adoption proceedings—
- Public adoptions
- Private placement adoptions
- Foreign adoptions
- Domestic adoptions
- Stepparent adoptions
- Grandparent adoptions
- Same sex adoptions
- Single adoptions
The family lawyers at the Kemp Law Firm are qualified to serve as mediators and advocates in matrimonial disputes that would otherwise be litigated in family court. Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution technique allows the litigants to decide how to resolve family problems—without letting a judge make an arbitrary but binding decision.
Mediation involves compromise. Two or more parties who are in conflict can resolve their legal disputes with the help of a neutral third party, known as the mediator. The mediator facilitates discussions to move the negotiations forward and helps the opposing parties reach a mutually satisfactory result. Each party to the conflict is usually represented by their own lawyer.
When mediation is successful, it can have many benefits over courtroom litigation—
- Speedy resolution. Parties to a mediation can set their own timetables for each session without waiting for the courts to set a court date.
- More often, cost effective. Mediation eliminates the costs associated with the discovery phase of litigation because parties agree to openly and honestly share information during the mediation.
- Control over outcome. Divorcing couples in mediation get to decide how their assets are distributed and how their children spend their time, without the arbitrary intervention of a judge.
- More satisfying outcome. Because parties in a mediation agree to the ultimate outcome, there is an increased likelihood that parties will stick to the terms of the resolution.
If mediation fails to resolve the family conflict, litigation is still a valid option.
Children have the most to lose when faced with criminal charges. A mistake can have disastrous consequences on your child's education, future and employment prospects. At the Kemp Law Firm, our attorneys are experienced with legal issues associated with delinquency, criminal charges and civil disputes. We provide you with the caring and compassionate counsel you need to resolve a juvenile matter swiftly.
Suspicions of infidelity can drastically alter the father-son or father-daughter dynamic. Our law firm provides paternity testing that can help you ascertain a child's biological heritage. DNA tests are generally non-intrusive, and can provide you with the answers you seek. For legal advice, call or contact us today.
The Kemp Law Firm is located in The Woodlands, Texas and serves the following communities in Montgomery and Harris Counties: The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Magnolia, Tomball, Kingwood, North Houston and Greater Houston.